The Ontwa Township Edwardsburg Police Department is currently accepting applications for the position of Full-Time Officer.
Candidates will be considered on the basis of training, skill, educational experience and achievement, and background. Minimum qualifications for the position are:
- Must be a citizen of the united States
- 21 years of age
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be either certified or certifiable as a police officer by MCOLES
- Ability to successfully pass an extensive background check, psychological examination, physical examination and drug screen
- Ability to perform the essential job functions of a police officer
- Successfully complete all phases of the selection process
Qualified candidates are required to complete an EMPCO profile and take a test for this position. To register with EMPCO and participate in a written test go to https://www.empco.net/testing and follow the instructions. There is a fee to take the examination, but the results of this one test will be accepted by all participating police departments in Michigan. To be considered as part of the current pool of candidates for the Ontwa Township Edwardsburg Police Department, you must have taken the EMPCO entry-level Law Enforcement Police officer test within the one year period ending October 31, 2015.
You may email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the office between the hours of 8:30 a.m. and 2:30 p.m. Mondays through Thursdays and 8:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on Fridays to receive an application packet.
~Ontwa Township Edwardsburg Police Department is an equal opportunity provider and employer.~